2009년 8월 25일 화요일

Blog Post #1

Hafa! My name is Yong C. I was born and raised in Korea till 3rd grade and move back and forth from Guam and Thailand. Anyways, I will say I'm from Guam. My major is Aerospace Engineering, because I thought it would be the most interesting area to study for me. And so far, I find my major interesting after hearing some stories about Aerospace Engineering for upperclassmen. Right now I'm involved in the SFC(StudentForChirst) group, which is actually a Korean christian fellowship.

Although selling information about users to advertisers and others might be somehow dangerous, I personally don't really care whether Facebook or Myspace or any social networking sites sell my information to advertisers and users. So far, I don’t remember getting any harm from the social networking sites for exposing my information to anyone. I notice there are lots of ads on the sides or the top & bottom of the window, but I never paid close attention to the ads. This is probably because it's already deeply rooted in me ever since I was young when my dad used to tell me that the ads are actually viruses so I shouldn’t click on them, and as a matter of fact, most of the ads on the Internet are negligible. The ads start to bother me when they start to suddenly pop up out of nowhere and make annoying noises. Even though spam mails about some weird advertisements irritate me, ads are actually necessary for social networking businesses to function and allow me to contact my friends and family. Because I have moved around different countries and it’s difficult to keep in touch with out them, social networking sites’ existence is crucial for me as the only medium to keep in touch with others. Well, I would say it’s worth it to get disturbed by some spam mails and advertisements. Sometimes, random people with some similarities add me as a friend or me adding some mutual friends and getting to know others easily on the web is actually interesting. Therefore, I am cool with these sites selling my info.

댓글 없음:

댓글 쓰기